Monday, December 15, 2008

So, uh, you know those things called life plans?

I haven't updated and I figured that while not studying for my final at 1am I could at least be semi-productive and do this.
I've recently become very confused about my life- more precisely what I want to do with it. I've basically been pre-med since i was four years old, and it's always seemed nice, fun, and i still think it would be. It also seems tailored to my strengths-science, math, compassion. But is there something else I would enjoy more? Is there some other way that I could help even more people? The problem is that I don't know. So what do I do with that little tidbit of information? I don't know that either.
I recently decided to switch about half my schedule. I'm currently thinking I want to study Political Science. I don't really know why but all of the courses seem so interesting that I decided I'd take a few. Hopefully I enjoy them. Polisci also goes really well with international development, which I am still planning on studying, so at the very least the courses I take next semester will count toward that, though I will still need a primary major.
I have a music minor, too, but I don't think I'd want to major in music, mostly because, as much as I love it, I want to spend my life improving life in impoverished countries and I know that being a music major will not help me with that.
I don't really know what else to say on that topic, I just felt like actually writing out how I felt, in hopes it would make me feel better; it did. I'll keep y'all posted.

No comments: